It’s the Christian and Jewish holiday season! As we reflect on 2017 and march into 2018; let’s list all modern-day idols that we SHOULD NOT be worshipping like God. If you worship anything other than God, your life is not serving its Godly purpose.
Worshipping or prioritizing anything below ABOVE God are examples of modern-day Idolatory. They are human achievements or human classifications ONLY.
It is OK to admire and learn from the list below; they are not to be worshipped like God.
- Work (How hard I work or Stamina)
- Money (How much money I make or have)
- Beauty (Obessessed with physical perfection; this is for entertainment and reproduction)
- Financial Security (Obessessed with having enough, though never getting enough)
- Skills (Talent, Brains, etc.)
- Sex (Obessessed with numbers; numbers do not come before God)
- Sports Teams (Sports teams are not God, they are entertainment and leisure)
- CEOs (They are not Gods, they are business leaders and many are corrupt/greedy)
- Politicians (They are not Gods, they are political leaders and many are corrupt/greedy)
- Movie Stars (Famous people are great for entertainment and leisure; they are not Gods)
- Singers (Famous people are great for entertainment and leisure; they are not Gods)
- Brands (Famous brands are great for entertainment and leisure; they are not Gods)
- Stuff (Material possessions of any kind should not be worshipped like God; this could be sand to a building)
- Material (see above stuff)
- Ideology (Only God’s law should be worshipped and followed)
Good Religious leaders that God identified that are OK (for now) are the Catholic Church (I will assist to reorganize).